Glory to the Soviet People, the Pioneers of Space! (1962) Poster
Please note, we also sell a framed version of this poster here on RUS & SOV.
About the Poster
Glory to the Soviet People, the Pioneers of Space! (Russian: Советскому народу пионеру космоса, СЛАВА!) is a 1962 Soviet propaganda poster by Vadim Volikov (Russian: Вадим Воликов) that celebrates the early explorers of outer space.
In the background of the poster you can see four space shuttles soaring through the heavens:
- Vostok 1 (1961): pilot, Yuri Gagarin, became the first man to enter space and orbit the earth
- Vostok 2 (1961): pilot, Gherman Titov, became the fourth person in space, the second to orbit the moon, and the first to spend a full day in space
- Vostok 3 and Vostok 4 (1962): pilots, Andriyan Nikolayev and Pavel Popovich, served in the first simultaneous flight of two crewed missions
After the publication of this poster, there would be two more Vostok missions. Vostok 5 (1963) took Valery Bykovsky to space, and Vostok 6 (1963) took Valentina Tereshkova, the first woman in space. In a nice romantic turn, Valentina Tereshkova and Andriyan Nikolayev would marry after her return to earth.
Museum-quality posters made on thick and durable matte paper. Add a wonderful accent to your room and office with these posters that are sure to brighten any environment.
Please note, all poster sizes are in inches (1 inch = 2.54 cm).
• Paper thickness: 10.3 mil
• Paper weight: 5.57 oz/y² (189 g/m²)
• Giclée printing quality
• Opacity: 94%